I have filled you with the Spirit of God, with skills, ability, and Kmowledge in all kinds of crafts. Exodus 31:3


Tuesday, July 18, 2017

GIU-Growing in Unity-Day 2


 Day 2 is here and I have  A few cards here to share today the first card is using the June sentiment kit she never says never. I used Oxide inks for the background and washi tape embellishments with a doily and some pearls and popped up the sentiment and the card base, actually is just one of those pre-printed box sets from Hobby lobby. 



I  used watercolor pencils to color in the image. I liked the softness that the oxide inks and water color pencils created with this card.   I used watercolor paper and embossed with black color box ink pad and clear and bossing powder. 


 Usually when I create a card design that I like I will make up 5 to 10 of them because I like to send the same card to the group of people I send to on a regular basis and then allow for a couple extras that pop up that need to get a card as well.  that way I don't get confused trying to remember who  I  sent what card to which is  easy for me LOL to do.


I just repeated on the inside the same as what I did on the envelope.  



Envelope art was using the layers of the month stamp set.  I love the artsy botanical feel to go with this classy she girl.  


Next up is something a little different, inspiration from Stampinton magazine, using a  Black and white theme  and then having the images mounted  with the sewing machine right onto the card stock directly. 



 The images for these next two cards are from the  SMAK kit of the month August 2015 "a little bit more". 


 You  will want to make sure that you cover the inside top of the card with some designer paper to cover up the stitch marks from the sewing machine gives it a nice finished look. 



 I like picking out different trims of  ribbons and  laces and fabric Flowers in the fabric section of Joanns or hobby lobby  to embellish these cards with it's a lot of fun. It gives them a very feminine look and feel. 

 I made these cards and they are not the usual standard A4 cards they are a larger format, a 5 x 7 cards which works really great with the SMAK  sized stamps and this sewing technique. 

 I hope you enjoyed these cards today and will come back again tomorrow for another blog post on the journey this week with the Unity Stamp sponsored event. Make sure to leave your comment each day on  each blog post to have your chance to be entered to win a grab bag from Unity stamp company.  If you are inspired by these and make your own creation , be sure to share on the Unity Facebook page.   Happy stamping. Blessings, Michelle 


25 comments:

  1. So different.....love all these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and different. I love how you also do the inside and the envelopes. I keep thinking I will do more there, but then get in a hurry to get a card out. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Love the black and white, especially those eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the queen of vintage look! The she card and the black & white cards are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the same thing.... I have about 10 addresses I send cards to on a monthly basis, so I make extras to keep on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are amazing! I love the vintage look, the polka dots, thanks for explaining each detail, it helps to get the same look as you achieved. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome cards! Love the black and whites and the stitching details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice assortment of cards. Black and white cards are sometimes hard to do but your's are lovely. Thanks for sharing.��

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning! So much heart in your art. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the little bits of glitz. So pretty...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of beautiful mixed media cards today - love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All very different and all very lovely! Love the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are great! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are great! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very interesting the detail on the doily in the first one. Nice projects.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the black and white. Very nice cards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your black and white theme! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cool black and white but my fav would have to be the Angie Girl. Your colors are so "washed" and it is so serene. You are a master at collage, something I'm not good at - yet :) !! I also love the actual sewing, very cool results :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are fun. I really like that you add special touches to the insides of the cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing, love these black and white cards!!

    ReplyDelete